Our offering of strapping tools covers a complete range of tools for steel and plastic strapping. Both types of strapping can be applied with simple manual tools as well as pneumatic and battery powered tools. Matching the tool with the application is a function of budget, environment, required speed, load configuration, and safety, among other factors. Our tools come from the leading manufacturers in the industry.
The shipping and packaging industry has grown dramatically over the years and has become innovative with the tools and supplies that are available. Major corporations and small businesses that have a shipping department know the value of specialized tools that make the job simple and safe. Some of these tools include a hand strapping tool, pneumatic strapping tool, and even plastic strapping tool. To help you decide which tool is right for your needs consider these factors when shopping for shipping tools and supplies.
Pneumatic Strapping Tool
There are many situations that will require specialized shipping tools. Here are some factors to think through when choosing the pneumatic strapping tool.
- The heavy load. If the load you are strapping is over 5,000 pounds a steel strap is strong enough that it won’t break. In order to apply steel straps in a fast manner a pneumatic strapping tool for steel straps will be needed.
- High temperature loads. Steel straps are used for loads that are higher in temperature than a normal load so they won’t melt.
- The odd shaped load. The steel strap can be easily applied to the odd shaped load in a quick and safe manner.
One last thing to consider is price. Steel straps tend to be more expensive than other materials.
Looking into the Plastic Strapping Tool
- The plastic strap is a great option for keeping cost under control. It has been proven that it is the most cost-effective way to strap loads. This strapping method requires a plastic strapping tool.
- If your business is smaller and ships small loads, then a plastic strapping tool will be right for your needs. It can be used in small operations and is easily managed by one person strapping one box at a time.
- The plastic strapping tool is the perfect tool to use under slow conditions. It can be handheld and positioned specifically to ensure an effective hold on the box or crate.
Choosing the Right Strapping Tool for Projects
There many conditions that shippers face when determining which product and tool to use. Some conditions to think about can be the following.
- Weight of the load
- Application method (machine or worker method)
- Shape of each load
- Transportation method (flatbed semi or enclosed)
- Weather conditions
- Length of shipping duration
If the load is heavy and being transported a long distance, then the strap should be made of steel and applied with a pneumatic strapping tool. Loads that are small and enclosed can be secured with plastic straps which are applied with plastic strapping tools. The type of load and the object that is being shipped matters. By thinking through the process from start to finish you can secure the object with the best tool and the right material.